On this, my day off, I’ve been tidying up the house with some noise in the background. I’m not proud of it, but that noise is MTV’s 16 and Pregnant. This show has never once graced my television; but these days I’ll turn on anything if it has the word “pregnant” or “baby” in the title.
All I have to say is… 16 and Pregnant is making me feel really good about myself.
I mean, if they can do it, then I sure as heck can do it.
So far I’ve seen:
- unsupportive parents
- delusional and selfish boyfriends
- no means of transportation
- zero cash flow
- unrealistic expectations
- grown ups acting like children
(…just to name a few.)
On the flip side, in our court we have:
- extremely supportive parents
- motivation to work hard for the times that are coming
- increasingly realistic expectations
- family that gets along
(We’re so blessed!)
I never thought I’d say this, but thank you, MTV, for shedding favorable insight into my pregnancy.