Brian got wrangled by my coworkers into a secret video interview for the baby shower. While at the shower, I was asked the same questions that he was. Would you like to see Brian on video?
I thought so.
Here’s how he and I compared:
- Question 1) How many children would you and Suzanna like to have?
Brian: “Uh, I don’t know. Four?”
Me: Here’s the thing: I won’t have this conversation with Brian right now. I just want to get through the one pregnancy first and then we can talk numbers. I know that Brian would definitely like more than one, so I said, “Two.” But I could have told ya he would have upped the number.
- Question 2) What’s worse? Messy diaper on your shirt or baby vomit on your shirt?
Brian: “Smelly diaper.”
Me: Oh, I knew FO’ SHO’ that Brian would say that. He’s really anti-poop. Not that I’m pro-poop, but the man gets the serious heebie-jeebies.
- Question 3) What trait of yours do you hope Bennett has?
Brian: “Uh… I don’t know. …uh… I don’t know. Maybe, like, a good heart maybe.”
Me: I wasn’t sure if we were leaning towards a character trait or a physical trait. In terms of physical, I said that I’d like Bennett to have Brian’s square jawline and the little gap between his front teeth; in terms of character, Brian’s generosity. But, yes, his good heart and his generous heart go hand in hand.
- Question 4) What trait of Suzanna do you hope Bennett has?
Brian: “Square Piece.”
Me: “I want him to love Jesus.” (I’ll admit, it felt awkward saying that in front of a group of people, not knowing how uncomfortable my public faith might make them. But the truth is the truth!)
- Question 5) What have you liked the most about Suzanna while she is pregnant?
Brian: “Her glowing face.”
Me: I said that I thought he’d say my appetite or something pertaining to my growing appreciation for salty, greasy and fatty foods.
- Question 6) If you had to give Bennett a nighttime feeding, which time would you choose? 12:30AM? 2:00AM? 3:15AM?
Brian: “12:30 AM.”
Me: I knew he’d say 12:30. First of all, Brian’s usually still up around then. Second of all, he sleeps like a grumpy, hibernating bear. So, no, he wouldn’t prefer to get up in those wee hours.
- Question 7) Are coordinating family outfits acceptable for Christmas pictures?
Brian: “No.” (Though the paper said, “Hell no.”)
Me: Don’t be fooled. I can change his mind. It’s all in how I present it.
- Question 8 ) Do you want Bennett to have your nose or Suzanna’s nose?
Brian: “Uh, Suzy’s.”
Me: I said he’d go for mine.
- Question 9) As a hands-on dad, what will you do the most to help out?
Brian: “Clean up the house and stuff.”
Me: I think they might have skipped asking me this question, but I couldn’t be happier with his answer!
- Question 10) When will Bennett be born and how much will he weigh?
Brian: “October 25th, 6 pounds.”
Me: I said Halloween, 7.1 pounds. But if Bennett likes Brian’s answer better, that’s okay, too!