When the cashier at Costco asked me if I’d like her to scan Bennett, I said, “Too high! Too high!”
Well, that’s not true. I said, “He’s too expensive!”
But then I got a lot more clever on my drive home, you know, when I replayed the scenario in my head.
- Scenario Take Two: “Hey, wait! I have a coupon for that!”
- Scenario Take Three: “Uhhh, this one has a dirty diaper. Do you guys discount for that?”
- Scenario Take Four: “There weren’t any left on the shelf and this was the display model. Are there more in the back?”
- Scenario Take Five: “If I take him home and he doesn’t fit, what’s your return policy?”
- Scenario Take Six: “Yes, but can you print a gift receipt?”
Oh, I crack myself up!
For the record, I put Bennett and his carseat up on the belt because the cashiers take your cart in the beginning of checking out, fill it with your purchased goods and then return it. It just seemed like Bennett would be more comfortable staring at me than being wheeled away by a stranger.
Anyhow, how would you have replied to the cashier asking, “Would you like me to scan him?” on your most clever day?
Speaking of being clever, there are just a few more days left to finish the statement, “If my mother’s hands could talk…” over at this post. Contest ends on Saturday!