Oh shoot. I’ve lost my scrap piece of paper on which I’ve been keeping very particular notes.
You see, I have this adorable coworker named Hillary and I’ve been jotting reminders down about her. Technically, Hillary is my elder by a few months. But due to some health issues that she had as a baby, Hillary will always seem to be about the age of a preteen.
How sweet! The gift of youth!
With the gift of youth comes approximately zero inhibitions. Hillary will talk to ANYone about ANYthing. So while I’m in the back room mixing color, she’s draping my clients for their chemical processes and striking up the most unexpected conversations.
Upon returning to my station, I’ve found Hillary conversing with my clients about:
- how the nurses can never find her veins and have to poke her a thousand times.
- how she needs to get a pedicure before she goes to the beach so that the sharks like her feet.
- how to track sharks.
- how her doctor wants her to eat Activia to help with digestive issues.
- how snakes eat.
- her fake Gene Simmons I.D.
- how scary it would be if she added fake blood to her Kiss Halloween costume.
- how she saw a ghost at Graceland, Elvis’ home.
…just to name a few.
She’s such a sweet little helper and it tickles me to no end that she just chit-chats away with my ladies. Equally precious is how engaged everyone becomes in these random conversations! There’s never a dull moment at the salon, especially when Hillary’s got something on her mind!