For the first time in my life, I just enjoyed speaking with customer service… you know, the kind over the phone.
It’s too bad that my gal, Andrea, can’t be requested by name, ’cause you’d definitely want her going to bat for you!
Taking advantage of some of these Babies-R-Us gift cards I have, I finally made some food storage decisions for Bennett’s soon-to-be transition to solids. I’ve been cruising all sorts of websites for the most handy-dandy methods. Typically, I’m a do-it-on-the-cheap kinda girl; but knowing that pureeing Bennett’s food was going to add more responsibility to my life, I decided to splurge on 1) convenience and 2) aesthetics.
Yesterday, all of the food storage shenanigans were 20% off with a certain dollar amount placed. It occurred to me, however, that if I ordered a certain container in blue, I’d get the promotion; in green, no promotion.
But… But… But Square Piece NEEDED green! Again, the aesthetics. Things have to match.
God has been smiling down on me and my grieving heart (I still get misty-eyed, teary-eyed and flat out sob sometimes over losing Samson), so I think that’s why He picked Andrea to be on the other end of the line.
By the end of the conversation, she
- had checked with her supervisor to okay promotions that weren’t going through with my online order.
- shared her own stories of being a new mom when she was just 19, cloth diapering and attending college!
- laughed and joked with me.
- graciously gave me 20% off of a Melissa and Doug walker I’ve had my eye on (with all the 20% in-store coupons I have, THIS toy is never available in-store. And, yes, I know Bennett isn’t even sitting up yet without assistance, but the boy LOVES to stand on those chubby legs! I just wanna be ready to support his interests!) It’s supposed to be quite sturdy and the alligators click and clack! Awww…
- commended my efforts to make baby food.
- chit-chatted with me about the easy way vs. the hard way to make your own butter (Vitamix vs. hand-churning).
- and jotted down my url.
I feel light. This NEVER happens when I get off of an 800 number! What a ray of sunshine!