I almost forgot to blog today! Being that it’s a day off for me, Mondays are quickly becoming my most productive nesting days.
Today’s progress includes:
- Going to the Birthing Inn to fill out some preliminary paperwork.
- Picking up a diaper changing pad and, instead of a traditional pad cover, a couple lap & burp pads that will get more versatile use in other areas of Bennett’s life.
- Finding a tidy location for the three month clothes, the six month clothes and the 9+ month clothes.
- Creating bathing station baskets for both the kitchen and the bathroom, complete with a variety of washes, lotions, towels, etc.
- Creating a diaper changing station atop Bennett’s dresser, complete with a stash of newborn diapers, wipes, an official wee blocker (yes, it says, “tinkle tinkle little star”) and some old, handmedown, grungier bibs. Why the bibs? Well, I figure that sometimes our wee blocker might be in the wash. And since we’ve been gifted a lot of pretty adorable, fancy new bibs and plenty of older, spare bibs, I figured I that could always grab an old bib to cover his you-know-what so I don’t get showered when changing diapers.
- Organizing a diaper changing accessory bin that’ll be within arms’ reach in the event that we need extra lotions and potions to keep a tushy happy.
- Enlisting Brian to help me set up the Pack-N-Play in our bedroom. It has a bassinet feature (that flips over to be a changing station)! Yesterday I made room for the contraption. Soon I’ll be brainstorming what sort of basket of goodies I’ll need to keep within arms’ reach of the Pack-N-Play for convenience.