Highlights of my weekend with Hurricane Irene:
- Discovering that when news of disaster is looming, my impulse is to buy cheese. Specifically goat cheese. Do I ever eat goat cheese? Not really. But I was certain that this would comfort me if the power went out.
- Considering bringing our beach noodle chairs inside… just in case. Perhaps we’d be floating in the cul de sac. You never know.
- Being able to sleep in on Sunday morning as church was rescheduled for the evening. A girl could get used to that!
- Being in our smaller church building on Sunday evening (as opposed to the middle school in which we meet on Sunday mornings). The acoustics are glorious! I just felt enveloped by the voices of the congregation praising the Lord. *sigh* And the sermon was just what my heart needed to hear at the time.
- Getting to play more Settlers of Catan with Brian (with electricity AND goat cheese). I’m on a winning streak and he’s not pleased. Pray for us. 😉 (Get in on the story HERE.)
- Fine tuning our guest bedrooms so that it finally looks like grownups live here. And discovering that when it comes to shopping for decor and bedding, I ALWAYS and ONLY gravitate to the same colors and patterns. Forcing myself outside of my comfort zone to establish a blue color scheme was mentally exhausting.
- Recognizing yesterday that if the hardest problem in my life is not being able to find bedding for the third bed in our house… well… then I’ve got a pretty nice life.
- Watching RSVP’s rack up for our backyard concert that’s in two weeks! If you’re reading this, consider yourself invited and contact me if you’d like more info.
- Turning my chipped-mug-friend into a brunette. She’s never been a brunette! She was going to be my model for a photo shoot that was scheduled for Sunday, but the shoot was canceled. My intentions were to maintain the blonde and give her crazy, big, fuzzy, Victorian hair. Now, instead, she’s a rockin’ brunette. See? Change is good.