Taking a departure from any Super Bowl festivities that we’ve ever participated in, Brian and I drove to D.C. last night for a change of pace.
My husband listens to 106.7FM “The Fan” during the majority of his waking hours. This radio station was hosting a Super Bowl party at the Riot Act Comedy Club. A while back, Brian was the 106th caller to 106.7FM, which qualified him to be one of 106 people to win a Ford F-150 pickup truck at the Super Bowl party. Folla’? (Holla’!)
Their strategy in pulling names was pretty cool in that they drew names throughout the entire game with the intention of the last name left being the winner of the truck.
We were the 11th from the last name drawn. (Remember that number – eleven – cause it’s going to come up again in eight days when I tell “The Dreadlock Incident.”)
Losing didn’t matter ’cause we were having such a good time! We both picked our own little pizzas off the menu (buffalo chicken! woot woot!) and enjoyed them while eyeing the game on a huge projection screen.
Square Piece thoughts on Super Bowl Sunday:
- Oh no! Since we’re in public, I won’t be able to get in my ‘Third Quarter Snooze’! (The ‘Third Quarter Snooze’ is all the magic of a nap with – somehow – twice as much satisfaction.)
- Faith Hill is the NFL’s Vanna White.
- Kelly Clarkson’s bangs! DANG!
- Two points for the Giants on the Patriots’ first possession? Awesome.
- So tense from the anticipation! Next year schedule a massage for the day after the Super Bowl.
- This half time show is gonna be awful. Ugh. Madonna. Can’t stand anyone who remakes Don McLean’s ‘American Pie’ and doesn’t even sing all the verses.
- Okay, don’t wanna admit it, but her hair is rockin’. Mental note: when you’re sixty, wear bouncy curls and a huge smile and everyone will think you’re at least 20 years younger.
- Blondes still look smokin’ in black.
- So glad it’s a close game. They’re so much more fun.
- Where’s Peyton?
Lastly, Brian said hello to Holden Kushner, a 106.7FM host, whom he rubbed elbows with last year at Ride to Provide, a charity bike event. This was Holden’s first time meeting me. After some brief and awkward small talk, Holden gave Brian the fist bump and said, “You out-kicked your coverage.”
Brian cracked that code for me later and explained that Holden was giving him a backhanded compliment. Apparently that was Holden’s way of saying that an average looking guy got a hot wife.
Though I think Brian’s pretty darn hot myself.
Great summary! Love the compliment. 🙂
btw, she’s not sixty, yet
That’s Brian’s chattering coming out in me. He always calls her 60!
i have to say brian WAS looking pretty cute yesterday. 😉
My favorite part was when Brady was on the ground in his well known “crying pose”. A HA HA HA! Anyways, it was a good game. You were missed of course but I’m glad that you had a good time in DC. Balls on not getting the truck but maybe someone else needed it more. Maybe next time!
I totally asked my mother in law if Madonna was a grandma yet! Haa haa! All I’m sayin is she was way popular before I was around and now I’m 30 something that totally makes her around 60!