So, what was a Square Piece to do in celebrating the last day of her twenties?
Let’s see here…
- ate French toast for breakfast.
- pureed baby food. (For lunch, Bennett had steelhead – it’s like salmon – with tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, peas and carrots.)
- made ricotta cheese out of almost expired milk and noshed on it all day.
- changed lots of diapers.
- prepped World Peace Salad.
- nursed. A lot.
- made up the vaccine appointment that Bennett missed when Charley passed away.
- learned how to Skype with her momma.
- grocery shopped. (Found a new wine to try at my birthday picnic bash. Plus, needed some mozzarella cheese and the scoop chips for my World Peace Salad.)
- opened my Beauti Control package and got giddy over a few “birthday” purchases. Shockingly, none of them are lip products. You know I love my lips. I might smell like a creamsicle and sparkle like a vampire with my new Zenergy goodies and creamy, gold eye shadow.
- spent time with a neighbor who’s helping to watch Bennett tomorrow. Looks like they’ll get along great.
- purchased Godiva and Ghirardelli chocolate bars at two craft stores with my 40% & 50% off craft store coupons… ‘cuz it’s genius.
- cut Bennett’s hair for the third time. …You heard me.
So, as you can see by my long list of sober and boring decisions (except for the sparkles of course), it’s about dang time that I turned thirty! I haven’t felt like a twenty-something for YEARS what with the steady job, mortgage, marriage, dog, child and overall “old” soul that I’m told I have. That, plus this incredible maturity that I just can’t shake…
But here’s something that might tickle you: Aside from it being my and Bill Cosby’s birthday, did you know that it’s yours, too? Oh, you didn’t? Well, on my planet, when I get along well with someone, I feel like they’re my age. This means that today you’re turning thirty, too. HAPPY BURFFFFFDAY!
Now, I don’t want you to feel obligated to make our turning thirty a big deal, but if you so happen to feel compelled to celebrate Square Piece turning the big 3-0, nothing would bring me greater joy than you sharing this blog with others. It is my delight to drizzle this particular flavor of silliness over the world. (If you’re not sure where to start, I hear that The Dreadlock Incident is still getting some laughs…)