Yes, in my most recent updates, I’ve painted a very dreamy picture of what life is like these days. It’s all rainbows and unicorns, honey-glazed wonder.
But there are most certainly some very unglamorous moments.
- Moments like when Bennett has a mouthful of strawberry puree and then sneezes all over me.
- Moments like when I pick him up only to find my palm sticking to the poop explosion that’s trying to come through the backside of his clothes.
- Moments like when I’m on the side of the road with my emergency flashers on, breastfeeding in the back seat of the van, unsure of why my child is screaming bloody murder and praying that a cop doesn’t come a’ knockin’, wondering what the dilemma is.
- Moments like when I can’t remember my last shower.
- Moments like experiencing the kind of exhaustion that results in that glassy-eyed stare, fumbling around for cereal because I’m too exhausted to cook and – in that state of delirium – trying to put the cereal box back into the refrigerator.
But these moments are just a blip on the radar. Perhaps it’s because I’m losing my marbles, but I really had to stop and think to even come up with this little list.
What unglamorous moments does your life hold?